Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, March 18, 2011

"Misser Yeezard"

So, like I said in my first post I have an almost 2 year old little boy.  He has the best memory I have ever seen.  I'm not kidding when I say that this kid doesn't forget anything!  The other night the hubby found a lizard outside so he brought it inside for E to see.  I'm not much of a lizard fan, but E loved it!  He squealed like the lizard was the best pet he had ever seen.  When I exiled the lizard to the kitchen window screen it was the end of the world I tell ya.  We had to look at the lizard, talk about why the lizard was leaving, look some more, and even take a bath in the kitchen sink so we could keep an eye on Mr. Lizard.  It took me forever to convince E that Mr. Lizard really needed to go home to his family so he could eat dinner with his little lizard children.  (I know the story is ridiculous, but he's 2 so he bought it).  Well, it was a little chilly that night so the next day poor Mr. Lizard was still in the same spot on the window.  I wasn't sure how to explain that our lizard friend may have gotten a little too cold to make it home for dinner, so I just left the blinds down and pretended that the lizard wasn't there.  Jump ahead to bedtime.  We have not mentioned Mr. Lizard a single time all day mind you.  We read our Bible story and several of E's favorite books.  I was trying to get out of reading Go Dog Go for the 5th time by saying that those dogs at the dog party had to leave that party and go home for dinner (I need a new story, I know).  As soon as I said that, E sat straight up in the bed, started calling for "Misser Yeezard", and ran to the window to find him.  Thank goodness Mr. Lizard got warm enough at some point during the day to crawl off the window screen and head "home" for dinner or breakfast or whatever meal it was!

1 comments:

Mrs. K said...

ok, this is just the cutest story ever. I love it! By the way, tell the hubby not to bring a lizard inside the house when I come by to visit unless he wants to see a grown woman cry like a baby. LOL.

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs