Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A much needed break

     Sometimes I feel like I can't be a good mom, a good wife, and a good worker all at the same time.  There are a lot of days I feel like I just barely keep everything going by doing the bare minimum because that's all I have time to do.  I've been in some kind of slump lately where all the mom/wife/employer juggling is getting to me more than usual.  So, over Memorial weekend I had a come to Jesus meeting with myself and decided to get some perspective in my life.  I decided to take this entire week off of work and spend it at home with my sweet baby boy (who will turn 2 THIS Saturday by the way).  I called this week "Operation Potty Train" because I wrote off diapers during the day and am making E wear nothing but real underwear.  But, honestly, I think this week is something I needed to do for a long time.  I have been extremely snappy with my husband, my co-workers, and even with E sometimes and I hate that!  So, I am enjoying my much needed break from work and from taking care of other people's children and I am taking care of my child.  It has been just us...no errands to run...no running up to work for a little while....no last minute thrown together suppers.  We now have a clean house, clean laundry, clean sheets on our beds, and I have actually cooked real food for our family to eat!  I even made a practice birthday cake before making E's real cake for his party Saturday.  (FYI it was a very good thing I practiced first!  The cake did NOT look good....at all.)
     So, I hope everyone is enjoying their week as much as I am.  Work will still be there on Monday, but my little boy won't be 1 anymore after this week.  And I'm glad I took time to love on him a little more before he grows up any more!

2 comments:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Not Even close to being a mom but it sounds like you are doing a fan job! Love operation potty party!

D said...

Thanks Mrs. Pancakes! I'm FAR from perfect, but I don't think E realizes that yet! At least we are having fun (for the most part) on our potty training mission.

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs