Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Monday, May 7, 2012

My Mystery Noise

     Everybody has moments where they doubt their sanity, right?  Tell me I'm not alone here!  I'm going to share one of those moments I had recently.  About 2 months ago we bought me a new car.  Well, it's not a NEW car, but it is new to me.  Anyway, back to the story....we had driven the car to Disney World and all around eveyday for about a month.  One night I went out to the car to get something and when I opened the door I heard this scratching sound.  Like a mouse scratching sound!  I immediately jumped and then started trying to figure out where it was coming from.  Of course it stopped.  So, I closed the door and waited a minute then opened it again and the noise was back.  I knocked on the glove compartment and the noise stopped again.  I ran inside and told Clint about the noise.  He went outside and opened the door and.....nothing.  Not a single sound!  Ok, this went on for days people!  I would hear the noise and work at finding my mystery "mouse" over and over and then Clint would go out and would hear absolutely nothing.  It got to the point that he thought I was just going a little crazy I think!  So, after about a week of listening for my mystery mouse I made him go out and open the door first.  Tada!  He FINALLY heard the noise!  And, guess what it was?  The weather stripping on the door!  Yep, the weather stripping was sticking to itself and sounded like a scratchy mouse when it was unsticking.  By the time I opened and closed the door over and over it was unstuck when Clint came out to listen.  Go figure!  But, at least I know I wasn't crazy...there really was a noise!  And, I'm very very glad there is not a little critter living in my car.  I don't think I would be a very safe driver if I was constantly looking for a mouse to run across my foot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs