Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

A whole bunch of nothing

     I think I am in the middle of a mid-summer slump.  It's too hot to do anything really fun outside unless it involves being in the water.  Work has been very hectic because we are in the middle of vacation season so at least one person has been off every day this month.  E and I are both a little under the weather with some type of summer cold which makes the humidity around here even worse.  So, I guess I will just post a bunch of random thoughts since I can't make my brain work enough to come up with anything clever, or funny, or remotely interesting.

* We will FINALLY begin actual construction on our new house this week if all goes well and the weather cooperates.  I am beyond excited to get this project started!!  I cannot wait!

* Speaking of weather, did I mention that it is HOT?  It has been seriously hot and very very very humid all summer around here.  I honestly think that everyone who lives somewhere other than in the South should come spend a few days down here before they complain about the humidity elsewhere.  I walked outside yesterday morning and I was only outside for about 10 minutes before my whole entire shirt was soaking wet.  And it was even overcast and a little breezy!  So stinkin' humid!  Ugh!

*  My brother & sister-in-law are having twin girls!  Let the shopping begin!  I can't wait to buy adorable outfits for these babies.  The makers of boy's clothes should really step it up in the cute department.  Not every shirt need to reference a rock star, sports, or trouble.  Can you clothing designers out there please come up with some new ideas for boys?!  I tried to find some new stuff for E today and I found nothing I wanted to waste money on.

*  I should really have my child's feet measured more often.  I took him to have his feet measured today and he measured a 9 x-wide.  His current shoes are an 8 x-wide!  Oops!!  Sorry for cramming your feet in those tiny shoes for so long kiddo!  I feel like a terrible mom.  No wonder he told my mom that his "shoes had outgrown his feet" the other day!  Must have been his way of saying wake up Momma, my shoes are too dang small!

*  A sweet college friend of mine is in the hospital awaiting the arrival of her 3rd baby.  Her last baby was born at 30 weeks and she has been on bedrest for the past 4 months with this pregnancy.  (I would lose my mind!!)  She made it to 35 weeks before her water broke this time thanks to strictly following her complete bedrest orders.  Pray for a safe delivery for her and baby Logan and pray that he is healthy!

*  I am itching to take a road trip.  I think as soon as school starts this fall I am going to make Clint go somewhere for a few days.  The beach is pretty close and sounds like the perfect destination to me.  Late August through early October is my absolute favorite time to head to the beach.  It is deserted, the weather is still warm, and the water is about 85 or 90 degrees which is perfect for swimming.  There aren't any lines anywhere.  Yep, that settles it, we are heading to the beach in a few more weeks.

   Ok, I have rambled enough.  Hope everyone enjoys the few remaining hours of the weekend.  I think I may go catch a quick nap while E is napping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs