Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I love you but I hate you

     I have a love hate relationship with springtime.  Say what?  I bet you thought this was going to be some really juicy post about love didn't you?  Ha!  Nope, it's just about the weather (and a windy mishap, but I'll get to that later).  So, back to Spring.  I love it for a lot of reasons like perfect temperatures, new flowers, more sunshine, and no more winter clothes.  It's actually the only time of year down here in the South that you can spend more than 3 minutes outside without breaking a sweat.  But, at the same time I don't like it because I always get so antsy.  I want to change something every single spring.  By now, Clint knows the grumpy wife is coming once the 1st nice week gets here.  I want to buy new furniture.  No, go on vacation.  No, move to the beach.  No, rearrange the whole house.  No....well, you get the picture.  I'm proud to report that I have been pretty successful at controlling the crazy spring lunatic this year.  We are about to start building a new house, I planned a beach vacation for us (NEXT week!!), and we really do need a new coffee table so that's a legit furniture purchase.  This really has no purpose except to say that I have almost survived spring and remained completely sane!
     Ok, now to the windy mishap I mentioned earlier.  Did you know that it is possible to feel like a complete idiot due to a little breeze?  Well, it can happen.  I bet you're thinking skirts or hair or something like that, but you're wrong.  Here's what happened.  The hubs and I were out wasting a little time shopping and we pulled into a parking spot.  We opened the car doors to get out and at that exact moment a gust of wind blew the car doors out of our hands and into the 2 cars next to us.  Yep, we had a car accident and we weren't even moving!  If you ever want to feel crazy try writing a note to the owner of the car you just dented and blame it on the wind.  Ahem, "Dear Car Owner, I am so sorry that the wind made my door jump out of my hand and dent your car, knock your mirror off, and scratch your paint.  I promise I will pay for the damages if you call me at the number below.  Sorry again for the wind!"  Clint was able to fix my car, but we did have to pay for the other vehicles.  Ahhh, springtime.....

1 comments:

Mrs. K said...

I cannot stop laughing at your letter to the car owner. I'm sorry. Well, it started out crappie, it can only get better from here. LOL. We just got back from out little mini beach vacay and it definitely helped to relieve some stress. Now back to reality...well, tomorrow. :)

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs