Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The stuff no one tells you about

     I have discovered over the past 2 years that there are things about parenting that no one tells you about.  Before you have kids you hear all the ooey gooey mushy stuff about how wonderful children are.  Don't get me wrong, all that stuff is true.  But, people fail to warn you about all the yucky stuff that comes with having children.  Nobody is brave enough to tell you that you will be cleaning barfed up corn dogs out of your rug or washing your sheets a ridiculous number of times because overnight diapers do NOT work well.  Oh, and how about the fact that no matter when or where you sit down to eat your child will always pick that moment to poop!  Nope, I'm pretty darn sure that I was never told that I would need to leave a family dinner to strip my child down and bathe him because of what what in his pants!  Gross, I know.  So, for all of you non parents out there this is your official warning...Parenting is gross!  It is wonderful and absolutely worth it, but it is definitely very yucky at times.  Now to prove that having kids is worth everything you endure, here is a picture of my sweet little man to make you smile!


2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

He is so adorable.

D said...

Thank you! :)

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs