Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Answers (and Twins!)

     Don't you just love it when God answers your prayers with a Yes?  Just like a kid, I love to get yes answers to things I've been praying about.  I especially love it when He not only says "yes" but shows me how capable he is of going above and beyond what I asked for.  Today we found out that my brother and sister-in-law are expecting twins!  I am so so excited because I have been praying that God would bless them with a baby.  They have been trying to get pregnant for about a year and a half, so this is fantastic news.  It's just so amazing to see how much our Heavenly Father loves us!  This past January our family took a trip to the mountains.  While we were there my mom bought a Christmas ornament that has a place for every family member's name on there.  She bought one with an extra spot because she had faith that God was going to bless my brother and his wife with a baby.  She even told my sister-in-law that she was preparing to squeeze 2 names on that one spot because she was praying for twins!  Let me tell you one thing, when my mom prays for you, get ready because the woman has a direct line!  I am so thankful and blessed beyond measure to have a mom that loves her children enough to pray for us.  And I am so thankful that I have a Savior who loves me enough to hear my prayers and answer them with so much more than I even asked for.  Years ago I saw a quote in a Guidepost magazine and I cut it out.  It hung on my mirror in college and then on my refrigerator after I got married.  It said, "Ask for what you want but be willing to take what God gives you.  It may be better than what you asked for."  That has been so true for me over the years and I am so thankful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs