Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Stuck in a rut

     I have been MIA lately because work has been so crazy busy!  Like I mentioned in my last post, we own a daycare.  We bought the business from Clint's parents back in 2008 when they got ready to retire.  It has been such a HUGE blessing to love going to work every day.  The business was opened in 1986 and different additions and new buildings were built over the years.  We started remodeling the center area by area right after we bought it.  Our next to last project was to remodel the gym.  We Clint decided that we should remodel the gym at the last minute (aka 2 weeks before summer started)!  So, we have been painting like crazy people for the past week and a half.  Summer is our busiest time of the whole year because all of our school age kiddos are out of school and with us all day.  So, it was imperative that the gym project be finished by tomorrow!  Yep, the insanity all begins in the morning.  It will be hectic, but fun...it always is!  I will have to post some before and after photos of our project to show off our hard work.
     Anyway, back to the original reason for this post.  I think I'm stuck in a rut.  I always come up with ideas of things I want to do, but I never get around to doing them.  It's SO frustrating!  So, last week I decided that I'm tired of just having ideas.  I decided that I'm going to start DOING things.  I wanted some cute canvases painted to go in one of the halls at work, so I went out and bought 6 of them.  Although I am not artistic in the least I put my mind to it and rounded up some help and we got to painting.  They look so so cute!  I am beyond amazed that I actually managed to pull off one of my ideas!  I will have to post pictures of those too because they are just too cute not to.  We picked a Bible verse to go on each canvas and then we did each one in a different design.  I am so proud of them!
     Since I had some success with my canvas idea I have decided to break out of another rut.  I'm going to attempt to break out of my cooking rut.  Clint and I have been married almost 10 years and I'm not any better at cooking now than I was then.  That's just sad!  So, I'm going to start using recipes...easy ones that don't have crazy ingredients in them.  My goal is to try at least 2 or 3 new recipes a week.  If we like them I will add them to my cookbook and use them again.  If not, then on to the next recipe.  I don't want E to grow up with a mom that is a bad cook!  My mom was (is) an awesome cook.  Everybody loves her food!  I want to be a good cooking momma too!  Wish me luck as I start breaking out of some of my ruts! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs