Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Parenting 101

     Just when I think I've got the whole parenting a toddler thing down pat a new kink is thrown in my plan.  I mean, 2 years is long enough to learn a whole lot about traveling with a child.  We spent last week (6 whole days!) at the beach.  I know without a doubt that I was supposed to live near a beach.  I just can't figure out how to pick up my whole life and move it there yet!  Anyway, we are beach people so E has been a traveling man since he was about 8 weeks old.  I thought I had learned everything I needed to know about traveling with him.  So, when we headed home Sunday I was smart and put him in an overnight diaper for the 4 hour ride.  If those diapers keep him dry ALL night long surely they would hold up for 4 hours, right?  Well, no.  Just so you know a cup of milk, a cup of juice, and a cup of orange drink are too much for the diaper to handle.  We were about an hour away from home and E started fussing and saying "I tee tee, I tee tee" which usually means he pooped.  (Sorry for too much info)  So, we find a Wendy's to stop at so we could grab a quick lunch while we were stopped.  When I got E out of his carseat his clothes were soaked!  I dug some clean clothes and another diaper out of the bag and herded him to the bathroom quickly.  While he was standing in the stall with me he obviously used the bathroom again because he started flooding everywhere...shoes, legs, floor...fun, fun.  To make things even more fun, this Wendy's didn't have a changing table to use.  I had to lay baby wipes on the floor for him to stand on, remove his soaking wet clothes, put him in a diaper while he was standing up (ever tried that one), wipe him down with baby wipes, dress him, and clean his shoes...all while being hunched over in a bathroom stall.  Once he was dry we threw a pillow case in his carseat in an attempt to keep him dry since the seat was wet too, grabbed his chicken nuggets and headed home.  I can now add "Limit liquids while traveling" to my list of how to travel with a child.  
     Even though our trip home was eventful our vacation was so nice!  I was going to post a picture of E chillin' out on the beach, but the uploader won't work for some reason.  I will have to post pictures soon.
     

2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

Sounds like a lot of fun minus the last travel day. Maybe it's a sign from God-you shouldn't have left...you need to just pack up and move to the beach now. LOL.

D said...

Hey, that sounds like a plan! If we could just move our families, our rentals, and our business with us we would be set!

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs