Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rules of Life

Here are some funny things I've learned over the past few days.  I will call them my Rules of Life.
 
* When your mom complains about it taking her forever to type a text message, don't just assume it is due to her lack of texting experience.  Take a few minutes and check her phone out for her.  My parents are like most other middle aged parents...they learn enough technology to function (emailing, basic cell phones, and internet) but they don't go overboard with things like text and smart phones.  So, when my mom finally got text added to her phone I just assumed it took her forever to type a message because she hasn't practiced enough.  Well, last night I tried to send a message from her phone for her and it was ridiculous!  Every word I typed changed into some crazy combination of letters that made no sense.  So, I started investigating and low and behold I found out that her phone was set to Portuguese predictive text!  Yep, it was translating every word she tried to type into Portuguese!  My poor mom!  No wonder she was frustrated!!  So, take time to help your technologically challenged parents out.

* A seemingly harmless object, like a Thomas the Train whistle for instance, can still wreak lots of havoc.  In fact that same whistle, when thrown from a carseat at just the right angle will puncture a can of Dr. Pepper and send a explosive spray of soda all over the interior of your vehicle.  Who knew?!

* Just because you get a degree in college doesn't mean you will use said degree for your real life job.  Want proof?  I have a Bachelor's degree in Interior Design.  Today at work I made up 23 batches of lime jello to be used in a jello tug of war tomorrow.  I'm completely pumped about the tug of war, but it has nothing at all to do with Interior Design.  Just saying...

Hopefully these little tidbits of information I've learned recently can help someone else out.  By the way, I will  definitely have to give a report on how the jello games turn out!

1 comments:

Mrs. K said...

1) Hilarious. You know what...I had the same problem a few years ago with an old cell phone and it took me a while to figure the problem out too.
2) Look at the bright side--at least your seats are an easy to clean material. That boy is going to be he quarterback for the Gators :). I knew he had a good arm.
3) Your job is so much fun. I want to shadow you :)

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs